An Indonesian Business Visa enables the holder to carry out business activities in. This does not include being employed or receiving a salary in Indonesia. The whole procedure will take 6 to 10 working days to complete.
An Indonesia business visa is designed for individuals visiting Indonesia for a business-related purpose, without any intention to obtain any income in Indonesia. This differs to an Indonesian work permit.
The main purpose of the Indonesian Business Visa is to enable the holder to carry out business activities in Indonesia such as attending a conference or seminar. This does not include being employed or receiving a salary in Indonesia. The whole procedure will take 6 to 10 working days to complete.
This is usually undertaken by foreign entrepreneurs coming into Indonesia. For instance, entrepreneurs will head to Indonesia to conduct business activities and study the Indonesia market.
The business visa is also for foreigners who need to visit Indonesia to conduct business negotiations or to conduct work and/ or training assignments.
There are two types of Business Visa. A multiple entry business visa you can enter (and leave) Indonesia various times within a one-year period. The single entry business visa only allows you to enter Indonesia once.
With that being said, to obtain the business visa you will require sponsorship from an Indonesia-based company.
However, while they are here with a Business Visa, working or being employed in Indonesia is prohibited. Doing so is an abuse of the visa and constitutes a serious implication by the authorities.
- Fast and simple to obtain. Everything is conducted online
- Cheaper than the work permit.
- Allowed for a maximum of 60 days stay in Indonesia per visit
- Extension can be applied by leaving Indonesia in 60 days and coming back (crossing borders) or by applying for and obtaining a visa from the Indonesian Immigration Authority
- The visa is valid for 1 year.
- A business visa is perfect for frequent visitors.
- The validity of the visa is only for 1 year
- Unlike the work permit, one cannot be employed in Indonesia with this visa
- Only 60 days stay in Indonesia per visit
- Require sponsorship from an Indonesiancompany or Indonesia– based company
All business visas must be sponsored by a legal company, or entity registered in Indonesia, regardless foreign or locally owned companies, or even a representative offices.
However, in any instance that you don’t have a local sponsor, or you don’t want to exercise your right of using them, Paul Hype Page & Co can act as your sponsoring company.
Requirements for a Business Visa in Indonesia
- A latest passport copy – valid for at least six months with at least two blank visa pages
- A foreign Bank account statement showing at least $US 1,500
- Return tickets showing when you enter into Indonesia and that you leave before 60 days pass
- Indonesian embassy at your place of choice where you plan to pick up the visa
- Proof of sufficient funds relative to your intended length of stay
- Copies of sponsor company incorporation documents and letterhead
Application Process for the Business Visa in Indonesia
Prior to anything, the organization or company that is getting you the sponsorship must submit visa application form online. All requested details must be inserted accordingly and rightfully. Any mistake in the documents will result in delay or rejection of the application.
It takes approximately 6 to 10 working days for the Indonesian Immigration to process the invitation, and to issue a telex. Next step is converting telex to a visa in the nearest Indonesian embassy abroad.
You can choose to convert the telex in any consulate of Indonesia abroad. Note that you will get your actual visa in the embassy.
Here at Paul Hype Page we will advise you to start the business visa invitation and application process at least two weeks before the date of arrival to Indonesia. This is in order to avoid any unforeseen delays.
Nationalities That Cannot Apply For a Business Visa
Indonesian Immigration has a policy where they do not approve visa applications from the following nations:
- North Korea
Note that having residence permit or a company in another country won’t ease the process.
Paul Hype Page & Co – OSS service provider and Asean Chartered Accountant.
Paul Hype Page & Co. have 3 physical offices in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia
Our Firm Goal is to assist Foreigner and Foreign Companies to set up business in Asean.
How we can help you:
We will call you back, please click below link and make appointment with our Sales consultant:
Step 1- Listen to your Business plan and Relocation needs.
Step 2- Analysis your Tax Planning
Step 3- Recommend the most suited type of Company Incorporation, Open Bank account and Work Visa
Step 4- Arrange for your Spouse and Children Visa
Step 5- Assist as your company to hire staffs and handle all HR matters
Step 6- Every financial year end, we assist you with your yearly OSS Finanical and Tax Complianc
Step 7- Assist you to expand business to Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand.
Get in Touch with Us Today.
Paul Hype Page