Disadvantage of the Business Visa
- The validity of the visa is only for 1 year
- Unlike the work permit, one cannot be employed in Indonesia with this visa
- Only 60 days stay in Indonesia per visit
- Require sponsorship from an Indonesiancompany or Indonesia– based company
Business Visa Sponsorship
All business visas must be sponsored by a legal company, or entity registered in Indonesia, regardless foreign or locally owned companies, or even a representative offices.
However, in any instance that you don’t have a local sponsor, or you don’t want to exercise your right of using them, Paul Hype Page & Co can act as your sponsoring company.
Requirements for a Business Visa in Indonesia
- A latest passport copy – valid for at least six months with at least two blank visa pages
- A foreign Bank account statement showing at least $US 1,500
- Return tickets showing when you enter into Indonesia and that you leave before 60 days pass
- Indonesian embassy at your place of choice where you plan to pick up the visa
- Proof of sufficient funds relative to your intended length of stay
- Copies of sponsor company incorporation documents and letterhead
Application Process for the Business Visa in Indonesia
Prior to anything, the organization or company that is getting you the sponsorship must submit visa application form online. All requested details must be inserted accordingly and rightfully. Any mistake in the documents will result in delay or rejection of the application.
It takes approximately 6 to 10 working days for the Indonesian Immigration to process the invitation, and to issue a telex. Next step is converting telex to a visa in the nearest Indonesian embassy abroad.
You can choose to convert the telex in any consulate of Indonesia abroad. Note that you will get your actual visa in the embassy.
Here at Paul Hype Page we will advise you to start the business visa invitation and application process at least two weeks before the date of arrival to Indonesia. This is in order to avoid any unforeseen delays.
Nationalities That Cannot Apply For a Business Visa
Indonesian Immigration has a policy where they do not approve visa applications from the following nations:
- North Korea
Note that having residence permit or a company in another country won’t ease the process.